Thursday, January 27, 2011

pig farmer

I was born and raised on a farm. I had the ideal childhood, growing up on Fox Ridge Farm.. 2 miles down the road from where I now live. Ive traveled all over the world,lived in amazing places. Paris,Barcelona,Athens,Munich,Tokyo..New York, working as an actress and model. I knew I would always give up the glitzy life and return to the farm. Its in my blood, Im the 6th generation to farm this land.
Its a hard row to hoe, there isn't any money or time enough to fulfill the vision of more cattle,better barns,more crops.          Last night we had snow. The new litter of pigs didn't know what to think. They ran and spun around, jumped and squealed..I laughed so hard,and thought of the simple pleasures of the farm.
This is why I hold on to the land and the dream. Simple Pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment